Community Donations Fund
Does your community group have an idea but lack the funds to take things further? Or maybe you’re a new group that needs to purchase some equipment and supplies...
Sanday Development Trust accepts applications for donations from charitable and community groups based in Sanday. Financial assistance of up to £250 is available to support events or projects which bring benefit to the island of Sanday or its inhabitants.
The Trust is particularly keen to support initiatives that fit into one of the following categories...
- Relieving poverty
- Promotion and protection of the wellbeing and physical health of residents
- Advancing education and, in particular, promoting opportunities for learning
- The preservation, restoration and improvement of the environment
- The preservation of historical, architectural and constructional heritage
- Facilities within the community for recreation and other leisure time occupations, available to the public at large
If your organisation would like to apply, there is a simple form to complete and applications can be submitted at any time. Requests received will be considered at the next Sanday Development Trust directors’ meeting – these are generally held every six weeks.
Paper copies of the policy and application form are also available from the Trust’s office at Heilsa Fjold.
Successful applications to the Community Donation Fund
Congratulations to the following groups who have all received a donation from Sanday Development Trust:
- Sanday Golf Club - £135 for materials required for greens maintenance
- Duke of Edinburgh - £250 towards the cost of equipment for expeditions
- Screen Machine - £180 to support the cost of bringing the screen machine to Sanday
- Afternoon Club - £250 towards the cost of the annual summer trip
- Peedie Putters - £250 to support the development of a putting course for the island
- Sanday Goose Management Group - £250 to support the work in managing goose numbers on Sanday
- Youth Club - £250 to support four youths attending training opportunities
- School Parent Council - £250 towards the cost of Bonfire Night and firework display (2015 and 2016)
- Sanday School Additional Support Needs Swim Group - £247.50 to enable pupils with additional support needs to have an additional swimming session
- Sanday Sports Club - £250 towards the cost of Annual Dinner/picinc and Dance (2015 and 2016)
- Christmas Tree Party Group - £250 towards the costs of a Halloween Party for island children
- Sanday Guides - £250 towards the cost of ferry travel for Sanday Guides to attend the 2015 County Guide Camp
- Sanday Players - £250 towards the cost of purchasing scripts and royalty rights for this winter's performance
- Agricultural Association - £238.20 to purchase new display stands (NB these display stands are available for any island group to borrow)
- Community Association - £238.20 to purchase new display stands (NB these display stands are available for any island group to borrow)